Saturday, May 15, 2004

Spring Comes



I struggle to surrender being taken as a prisoner of Winter’s cruel depths.
But once captured I relax in its solitude, breath in its stillness…the quietness.
My spirit bathes in the purity of the first glistening snow that surrounds us.
It covers us up, we bundle in extra clothing, we all blend in as one, we appear equal.
We are survivors.

Hints of spring start to whisper, yet winter still lingers in the air.
Spring comes and strips us of our layers, were suddenly exposed.
We know who prepared in the autumn as sprouts of tulips break through the soil.
Nature yearns to be rescued, to come alive.
I too feel it, smell it, need it, like a slow thaw.
But a part of me has chosen to stay.

9 Comments:

Blogger D'Newz said...

keep posting...you're a good writer.
It's Feb 14 '05 and 75ºF outside and I am LOVING this spring-like weather. I find myself sad before long without sunshine.
Happy Valentine's Day!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Very nice, check out my blog, I windsurf and draw/paint as well
Tim

12:38 PM  
Blogger Sai Ram said...

where is ur armour and what is ur sword doing?

10:50 AM  
Blogger Kathleen Callon said...

Give us more...

12:51 AM  
Blogger Buckeye said...

Nature will prevail, with or without us.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Cara Beth said...

I'm impressed. I write every now and then. Writing is much too personal to post on the internet for me. However, reading your posts are rather inspiring. Perhaps I'll dive in a little deeper.... Keep it up. Have you published anything?

1:29 PM  
Blogger º··´`·.¸» Dragöness º··´`·.¸»™ said...

tht was nice..gr8..n'joyd it

9:03 AM  
Blogger Linbow said...

I do believe I feel the same way about winter covering us up and spring unwrapping ourselves. You made a comment on my blog about chronic pain. It has made me rethink the agony I experience everyday. I have a 70 degree curve in my spine. That is one source of my pain, but there are other emotinal sources that I had not linked to the pain. I have alot to overcome in that area and not much time to do it. Sometimes I think I feel the pain the world is in, how can I relievwe that?

11:28 AM  
Blogger Ruby said...

Beautiful poem. I will definitely visit this site again.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

follow me on Twitter